Have you been asked recently, “What do you Want?” It’s a question that seems to be straightforward, and often is not, because it is seldom asked. I raise this question because within the coaching session, people usually seem surprised by the question. “What do you Want?…….”You’re asking me? Oh! I don’t get asked that question.” Yet, many of us usually are Wanting More.
What are YOU Wanting More of in your career or your life? We are left wanting more:
* If the boss only gives us 3 minutes, when we want 5 minutes or more;
* When we listen to a short podcast and we are forced to close down
the Tablet, PC or cell phone;
* When we buy a product at a store and discover we are given a
free take home goodie;
* When we ask team members for comments on our work and learn
they thought it was pretty good; or
* Our deliverables to clients exceed their expectations.
As you Choose Who You Want to Be Known As this week, consider what will it take for you to obtain just one item you are left Wanting More… from someone. Enjoy your Week!
“Jo Ann” M. Radja, Career Management Coach & Change Agent