It’s the Eve of the Spring Equinox and we reflect on where we are in our Careers. One thing we are most certain about, is that we communicate every day. We speak, we write, we are seen listening, we communicate with our eyes, we communicate with our expressions, we communicate by not saying a word as we are thinking. Although we try, quite often our communication is not understood. So what comes to mind for you on this Spring’s Eve in your Career?
- Do you hope springs eternal [in the human breast] as Alexander Pope’s “Essay of Man” tells us? (People will hope, though it may not be realistic to do so.) OR
- Do you spring into action . . . as when your boss enters the team room? OR
- Do you spring to life . . . when you learn your proposal was accepted? OR
- Do you spring something on someone to surprise them with a thank you? OR
- Do you say, nothing springs to mind when you are asked a question?
We have new beginnings each Season. Choose Who You Want to be Known As this week as you begin Spring’s Eve in your Career and create for yourself a new beginning. Have a great week.
“Jo Ann” M. Radja, Career Management Coach and Change Agent
Note: The above IDIOMS were gleaned from http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/spring earlier this morning.
You must be logged in to post a comment.